Monday 20 May 2013

Blogger's Quilt Festival Spring 2013

RIO by Hilde Hoogwaerts

Quilt Measurements 20" x 28" - 50 x 70 cm
Own design after pictures made at the Carnival Parade in Rio
Materials used: fabrics, Angelina fibers, paint on fusible web, beads, variegated thread, tule
Pieced and quilted by me


Thanks Amy for organising a new edition of the Blogger's Quilt Festival and 
thanks to Nicolette to pointing this one out to me!
It is a great way to share and be inspired by each other's quilts!




After living in São Paulo for the past 2,5 years for my husband's job
this quilt is a dear souvenir to me
São Paulo is not the easiest place to live in Brazil 
and Rio de Janeiro proofed to be a great escape
Especially when Carnival is celebrated!


This quilt was my first attempt at using other materials than only cotton

I had no real fixed plan when I started out with this quilt
but is just evolved when working on it and I am very pleased
to share it with you at Amy's Blogger Quilt Festival




Be sure you go out to check this site and be inspired by other quilts!

Klik op bovenstaande aankondiging en je vindt meerdere quilts die mee doen aan het 
Blogger's Quilt Festival, georganiseerd door Amy's Creative Side

Nicolette maakte mij hierop attent na het lezen van mijn vorige post
Heb jij ook een quilt die mee zou kunnen doen? Ga dan zeker even kijken, er zijn veel verschillende categorieën en er zit er vast wel eentje bij waar jouw quilt bij past!

Cheers, Hilde

3 comments:

  1. Leuk om meer over je mooi Rio quilt te lezen. Heb je gezien dat jouw vorige stukje aanleiding was om jouw blog gisteren blog van de dag te maken op het quiltersgilde blog? Toch leuk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful - I think you've captured Carnival very well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wat leuk!!! En gefeliciteerd met je blog van de week op het quiltersgilde blog!
    Abraços

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by! I love to hear your comments!