Saturday 21 May 2016

Something African?

Mam, kun je een quilt voor me maken? Iets Afrikaans?
Ja natuurlijk! Laten dat nu net de enige stoffen zijn die ik hier in Accra tot mijn beschikking heb!
Omdat ik geen keuze kan maken gebruik ik ze gewoon allemaal ;)

Mam, can you make me a quilt? Something African maybe?
Sure! Those are the only fabrics I have here in Accra!
As I couldn't decide which ones to use I will use them all ;)



Mijn quiltvriendin uit Santiago Chili vroeg laatst om een foto van de stapel Afrikaanse lappen die ik intussen bij elkaar heb verzameld en eigenlijk valt het best wel mee... Er kan nog meer bij!

My quilting buddy from Santiago Chile asked me lately to show me a picture of all the fabrics I have collected so far... it is not that much don't you think so Patty? I think I need some more!




Ik heb van alle stoffen een strook van 4,5" gesneden en deze strips weer in vierkanten van 4,5"
I cut strips of 4.5" of each of the fabrics and these strips in squares of 4.5"



Alle vierkanten zitten door elkaar gehusseld in de Bolga basket en twee aan twee naai ik ze aan elkaar tot een lange ketting, steeds twee verschillende lapjes tegen elkaar.
 Als alle lapjes in paren aan elkaar zitten, knip ik de draadjes tussen de setjes door en gaan ze opnieuw aan een lange ketting en dan twee paren samen, enz. 
Nu lijkt het net een lange feestelijke slinger!

All the squares are in the Bolga basket and I am chain-stitching them all randomly together.
Right now this looks like colourful bunting flags!


Tja, zo schiet het natuurlijk niet op!
Hey, this way we are not getting anything done!


Groetjes, Hilde


5 comments:

  1. haha wat een geweldig portret!
    Mooie feestelijke lapjes hoor.
    groetjes, Conny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking at your photo I'm thinking this is happiness!!! This weekend in Athens, Greece an African Festival is going on, it is held every year, organized by the African people who live here and I had the opportunity to buy quite a few African fabrics, this gives me an idea how to start using them.
    Myrto

    ReplyDelete
  3. When live give you scraps, dance with them! Happy scraps, happy dancing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's really pleasure to see your fun ). African style is just right for you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by! I love to hear your comments!